Animal Clinic at Mission Square Wellness
At The Animal Clinic at Mission Square in Midland, TX, we believe that regular checkups and wellness exams are critical to your pet’s well-being. These wellness exams give us a chance to evaluate your pet’s overall health while also giving us a baseline for their unique bodies and tendencies.
Not only do these exams keep us up-to-date with your pet’s health, but they also allow us to detect potential problems before they become serious. This thorough checkup gives us vital information to help keep your pet healthy!
Regular wellness exams also make your pet more familiar with our veterinary hospital, making future visits easier for them and you.
We have state-of-the-art diagnostic tools that allow our staff to diagnose your pet’s condition or illness better. It is our commitment to stay on the cutting edge of diagnostic technology.
We use many tools such as radiology, lab tests, and various other equipment and tests. To learn more about how we can help your pet with our diagnostic tools, contact us today at (432) 687-4118.
At The Animal Clinic at Mission Square, we believe that one of the most important aspects of caring for your pet’s health is vaccinating him or her against possible diseases.
It is our goal to provide the highest level of care for your pet, and vaccination is an integral part of your pet’s overall health. Please contact us today if you have any questions or concerns about your pet’s vaccination.
Our Practice is open
At this time, our clinic remains open and is operating under regular business hours 7:30am to 6:00pm
Animal Clinic at Mission Square is fortunate to be able to continue full operations in order to care for your furry family members. We are, however, strongly encouraging certain measures to limit social contact so that we can continue to care for your pets:
- Due to shortages with pet foods and certain medications we will be limiting prescriptions to 30-day refills and pet food to one bag/case per pet.
- We have implemented increased cleaning and sanitizing measures.
While the CDC and other health authorities have indicated that dogs, cats, and other domestic animals are not considered at risk for contracting COVID-19, we are taking extra precautions to ensure the health and safety of humans within our facilities— notably our clients and staff. Keeping our practice “hospital-clean” has always been a priority for us, and we continue to do so. Additionally, for the safety of our team and your family, we are monitoring CDC recommendations and will continue to increase our attention to cleaning frequency and methods accordingly. We are happy to provide options for hand cleaning for both clients and team members, and we work closely with our staff to ensure that anyone who is not feeling well understands that we support them staying home.
To our customers:
- If you are feeling ill or experiencing flu-like symptoms and have an upcoming wellness (not critical) appointment, we kindly ask that you call us to reschedule.
- If you are healthy with no signs of illness, please bring your animal to our hospital and practice social distancing including no physical touching, appropriate hand washing, and keeping 6-10 feet of distance from others in the clinic.
- If your pet requires urgent care or has a medical emergency, and you are ill, please arrange for a trusted friend, neighbor, or healthy family member to transport your pet to our hospital. If you call ahead, we will gladly accommodate your representative and make appropriate arrangements.
- If you do not have a trusted friend, neighbor, or healthy family member to transport your pet, please call (432) 687-4118 when you arrive at our clinic and remain in your vehicle with your animal.