A Western-Themed, Home Away From Home
With no dogs allowed, it is the only exclusive feline boarding facility in Midland. We have the “Inn”, the “Bank”, the “Barber Shop” and “Saloon”–all very roomy “suites” with beds, litter boxes, and windows for sunshine and viewing. We also have six smaller “jailhouses” with perches for lounging and full plexiglass fronts, so the guests won’t miss anything! With such a small number of spacious suites/jailhouses, each guest at the Cat Corral is assured a comfortable, personal stay. We are proud that our Sheriffs keep the Cat Corral the cleanest, quietest place for our kitty guests.
Our goal is that while staying with us, our guests feel like they are at home. So don’t let the name “jail house” fool you. We don’t want our guests to feel claustrophobic, so everyone in town is welcomed to make a private trip to the OK (to play) Corral and stretch their legs, be busybodies, or just plain get away from it all.
We provide catered meals two times a day from “Felidae,” and our “guests” have access to fresh water at all times. We also have a few “entertainment” options that each guest can choose from if they’d like.
To make their stay more like home, you’re welcome to bring their favorite food, bowls (please no glass or ceramic), litter, blankets, and/or toys. If, during their stay, our guests get a little “feisty” and tear up any of the above items, we accept no responsibility.
All guests need to be current on the following before being allowed into town:
- A current feline distemper (FVRCP) vaccination
- A current feline leukemia (FeLV) vaccination
- A current rabies vaccination
- A negative FeLV/FIV test on file
- Your doctor can telegraph (fax) these records to us at 432-687-3203.
If we find any bandits (fleas, ticks, or ear mites) on your kitty, we’ll have to bring in the Marshall to treat ’em… at your expense.
Please note.. If a guest is a sour puss, cranky, or acts like Billy the Kitty, we reserve the right to say “nope” the next time they want to come for a stay.
Emergencies: We have three well qualified “docs” on staff, and if any accidents occur, we are ready to take care of our guests. However, if you would like their personal doctor to see them, feel free to let us know, and we would be happy to give them a buzz for you.
Rates and Reservations
- Jailhouse Double: $25.00 (2nd cat is $14.00)
- Suite: $35.50 (2nd cat is $30.00)
* If our guest has a little “extra room to love” (and/or can not fit through our walkway in the jailhouse), they will be given a suite for better accommodations (access/comfort), which will be added to the bill.
We are a peaceful town. If a “brawl” erupts within the family, all participants will be “jailed” separately, and the extra cost will be added to your bill.
Holidays at the Cat Corral
There are “special” rules when you hit the trail over the “big” holidays like:
– Christmas/New Year’s
– Memorial Day
– Fourth of July
– Labor Day
A $50 non-refundable deposit is required to SECURE a reservation. You are responsible for all days booked during the above days, even if our feline guests cut their visit early.
A valid credit card number will be required to be on file for these days. Or, advance payment will be accepted.
State of the art Cat Corral
Our Practice is open
At this time, our clinic remains open and is operating under regular business hours 7:30am to 6:00pm
Animal Clinic at Mission Square is fortunate to be able to continue full operations in order to care for your furry family members. We are, however, strongly encouraging certain measures to limit social contact so that we can continue to care for your pets:
- Due to shortages with pet foods and certain medications we will be limiting prescriptions to 30-day refills and pet food to one bag/case per pet.
- We have implemented increased cleaning and sanitizing measures.
While the CDC and other health authorities have indicated that dogs, cats, and other domestic animals are not considered at risk for contracting COVID-19, we are taking extra precautions to ensure the health and safety of humans within our facilities— notably our clients and staff. Keeping our practice “hospital-clean” has always been a priority for us, and we continue to do so. Additionally, for the safety of our team and your family, we are monitoring CDC recommendations and will continue to increase our attention to cleaning frequency and methods accordingly. We are happy to provide options for hand cleaning for both clients and team members, and we work closely with our staff to ensure that anyone who is not feeling well understands that we support them staying home.
To our customers:
- If you are feeling ill or experiencing flu-like symptoms and have an upcoming wellness (not critical) appointment, we kindly ask that you call us to reschedule.
- If you are healthy with no signs of illness, please bring your animal to our hospital and practice social distancing including no physical touching, appropriate hand washing, and keeping 6-10 feet of distance from others in the clinic.
- If your pet requires urgent care or has a medical emergency, and you are ill, please arrange for a trusted friend, neighbor, or healthy family member to transport your pet to our hospital. If you call ahead, we will gladly accommodate your representative and make appropriate arrangements.
- If you do not have a trusted friend, neighbor, or healthy family member to transport your pet, please call (432) 687-4118 when you arrive at our clinic and remain in your vehicle with your animal.